Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Nest for the Nelsons


The rest of this week has been pretty eventful.
Brian started teaching his own classes, Vincent met some of the riders in SuperCross and kicked my trash hiking (Vincent likes to run up and down the mountains rather than hike up and down the mountains), I accomplished running 4 miles.
Yesterday Vincent had the opportunity to go camping two hours North in Flagstaff with our Bishop and another young man from our Ward. They had fun making knifes, archery, dodge ball, freezing (still snowing) and having teenage fun with Scouts around the Valley.
Brian and I had a great evening feeding the missionaries while hearing a discussion. I have always been told Missionaries can eat and never really experienced it until now. Oh boy.... These ones sure can eat. :) I LUV it. Brian is still going strong without smoking. He is on day 6 now. AWESOME...... We want to do the wave for him .
I am learning how to ride a road bike while experiencing the site seeing of Phoenix. It's really pretty nice. We have been averaging about 17mph and I would have to say that this morning it was pretty darn chilly. :) That is for Phoenix, I know you all are laughing. But really it does get pretty darn chilly here.

Today we took advantage of having Vincent up North and went for a 18 mile bike ride. I would have to say that I am doing pretty darn well. Brian broke a sweat; laughing at me that is. I mistakenly did not clip out while at our gate and well fell over. He would have been rolling on the floor if the asphalt wasn't so hard and cold... We got home just in time to hop in the car and head over to the Stake Blood Drive. No way would we miss the chance to try to beat each other in the friendly competition between the Elders and Relief Society. (I am sure the Woman won... I mean really) Since we were going strong and still no teenager home, we decided to purchase our very first home. We put an offer on the home above that we hope to call our New Nelson Nest. (say your prayers and cross your fingers) Since buying a house, giving blood and riding our bikes this am, a trip to WalMart wasn't enough we decided to go on a date and attend a movie. Did you know they have Babysitters here while you as adults attend a movie.... We're just bummed that the age of babysitting stops at 8. JK but it is pretty darn cool. We had such a great Date Day watching the movie The Blind Side. I highly recommend the movie. I cried, laughed and in the end was happy that we spent that $14.00. (trying to purchase a home was spending enough money I thought). Our teenager finally came home just in time to shower, clean up and ask if he could attend the weekly Stake Dance on the other side of town.
Date Day is over but it sure was fun.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

What a great way to keep us all updated on your new life. I am so happy for you I can't even express it. I really hope the house works out for you. I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!