Monday, April 26, 2010

I Belong To The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints

Easter Sunday now has an even more special meaning to us as a family.  Two years ago Vincent received the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained on Easter Sunday.  This year our family was eternally blessed to have the baptism of my Husband, Vincent's Step Dad Brian!  I am sad to say that I do not have any pictures of the actual event.  Not only was this our first Easter together as a family but it was also our first Conference weekend as a family.  We were blessed to have my dad, Jacob our nephew and our most wonderful, Ward family friends the Gunsons.  What a weekend it was to watch conference on the Big screen, have little pitter patter of feet, several kids swimming in the pool, more than three people for family prayer and an overwhelming sense of the spirit in our home. 
The weather was beautiful in Phoenix that afternoon.  Mike Gunson, our Home Teacher from Santa Barbara not only baptized Brian but also performed all of the ordinances of the Confirmation and Priesthood. 


We were blessed to have people fill in and lead the music (I forgot that part) and bring towels.  A beautiful music number performed and accompanied by our very dear friends, prayers and attendance by so many people of The Deer Valley 1st Ward and the Stake.  We had a dinner at our house following the baptism and our cup runneth over by all of the luv and support that our dear friends and family showed us that weekend.  We would have never been able to do it with out all of your help, luv and support.  Thank you to all of you..... It's a monumental moment in our lives forever.

2 comments:

Shani said...

Congrats to ALL of you!! What an amazing blessing it is to know of our Heavenly Father's love for each one of His children and how pleased He is with the covenants Brian has made. Just remember all the promises made if you but follow Him...and when temptations or troubles come knocking at the door (Don't Worry, they always seem to find us!), just remember where to turn for solace!!

katiemweaver said...

Congratulation Tara! I'm so happy for you. I knew that all your spiritual hard work would pay off. I loved you the first time I met you & I couldn't be more excited for you & your family. I'm sorry we live so far away, but that might change. :)