Sunday, July 24, 2011

2nd Annual Triathlon

Last June I completed my 1st Triathlon and LUVD it!  So, even though June was only two months after having Amanda I was still going to do my best and accomplish the Payson, AZ Sprint Triathlon.  As soon as the DR.said I was ready I started training with Vincent.  We even purchased a jogger for me.... LUV it... such a neccessity.  Anyhow.... We decided that we were going to do this as a family.
Needless to say it did not go over well; for Brian or myself.  For Vincent however.... after a flat tire, a chain that refused to be fixed, walking back to the transition station half hour later did rather well.  I decided to unload two months of emotion and hormones after two laps of swimming. That was the end of my moment.... Brian did the swim well, started the bike ride; mean while Vincent lapped Brian during the bike ride.  Brian decided that during the bike protion he was just too out of shape. (poor guy didn't get a chance to train and his darn back was killing him)After such a fun day with our friends Brian and watched Vincent complete his first Sprint Triathlon (he has only done Super/Mini Sprint Triathlons). We were so proud that he completed the Triathlon after going through all of his trials.... With a great time of 2:32.

Vincent finishing strong Payson, AZ Sprint
Triathlon June 11, 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TWO MONTHS after giving birth??! I'm proud of you for even attempting it! Missing my running partner oh so very much...
xoxo Sassy