Thursday, March 8, 2012

Is That MY Kitchen?

Ever since we moved into this house we have had a list more than a mile long of repairs and things we would like to replace.  One of the major projects was the kitchen.  Our countertops are the oLLLLLdddd white formica that stains, scratches and well just looks so unattractive.  And you have our cupboards.... I promise they are 16 years old along with the paint and barely hanging on.  One of them had a large hole in the insert that needed to be replaced.
Needless to say, the very spot that everyone ends up hanging out in needed some attention. 
We found a kit at Home Depot for $75.00..... We are thinking what a steal.  (you now know how we used some of our Tax return)
After about three days of our kitchen being in pieces and literally all of the house and garage I completed the kitchen.  Or rather, Brian completed the kitchen by placing all of the cupboard doors back on for me while I was at work.  I could not believe the difference it made with not only all the work I had done but putting the doors back on.  It is amazing.  It doesn't even seem like my kitchen. 

Our most attractive old, horrible looking
cupboards

It's a darn good thing we have doors

Yeah.... It's done

I can't beleive how different my kitchen looks.
Next project, the bathroom cupboards and
then kitchen & bathroom countertops!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, that looks good! I like the dark. Great job!!

Marie said...

I'm happy to know that I am not the only one with a mile-long repair/replace list! =) You'r kitchen looks great!