Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DO We Have Our ID?

Really do you though?  That is the question my dad and uncle asked as soon as they got out of the car.  They drove all morning from Santa Barbara and finally arrived around 2pm.  We were so excited.  My dad hasn't been able to visit for almost 2 years and my uncle has never made the trip out. 
Due to SB1070 and my family being rather darker skin (yes, just in case you didn't know we are Mexican :) Hence the reason the question when they got out of the car.  It is a HUGE joke with my family.  Or at least some of them.....
It was so nice to have family around.  They helped with yard work, funiture rearranging, preparing frozen meals and helped me with Brian's birthday BBQ.  There is such a comfort in having family around. 
It was such an enjoyable weekend.  I didn't want it to end. 

Special Thanks to Heather M.
She made 3 doz. of Brian's favorite cupcakes.  Red Velvet Cupcakes with creamcheese frosting.  Isn't she the best!  added a B on top of every single cupcake!  They were so scrumptous.

Papa Diaz

Papa and Amanda. She had so much fun having him throw her up in the air and almost drop her.  It's the simple things!

Unlce Mike enjoying Brian's big screen TV.  He was almost in heaven. 

Catching up on some emails..... While papa starts preparing dinners.

Ever since 2002 (it seems so long ago, hence the ever....) My dad has made enchiladas with all of the left over turkey from Thanksgiving.  Since he won't be visiting for Thanksgiving he decided to make some enchiladas for us ahead of time. 

He ended up making 4 batches.... I am actually going to be taking one out of the freezer today for dinner.  They are so YUMMY!
 
It was so much fun to spend time with my dad and uncle..... Who would've thought they would be so funny. 
 
WE LUV YOU PAPA AND UNCLE!!!!!!

No comments: