Sunday, July 25, 2010

How Beautiful Thy Temples, Lord

On Wednesday, July 21, 2010 The Nelson Family entered the Arizona Mesa Temple.  It was such a special day for us.  Our old Home Teacher drove us all across to the East Valley about 35 minutes away.  Jacob, Brian, Vincent, Myself and Ikiaka all headed to the Temple.  I would have to say the conversation on the way  there was not exactly what I would have had.  But I guess you get what you get when you have two grown men and two teenagers in the car. 
As I said we were able to take Jacob with us.  Our Bishop called and spoke with our Old Bishop whom was so incredibly wonderful and called the Mesa Temple Recorder that morning so Jacob could attend with us. 
I am not sure if the feeling starts the moment you are on your way, or when you stand on Temple grounds and are amazed at the beautiful landscaping with every single flower, bush, plant in a perfected form or when you walk into the Temple and just know and feel beyond calming. 
It was such an amazing day.  Brian and Jacob were so thrilled that we were there with them for their first time in the Temple.  I haven't been since I was 12.  I can say that we all had such an amazing experience beyond words to describe.  I know that my Heavenly Father was there with us and we are so blessed as a family to be able to have that experience together.  I can't wait until we go back.  I can promise that it will be soon. 

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Neat experience to be there as a family and that your nephew could be there for such a special experience!! I'm so glad I was invited to go with you and Stacy on Sat morning...it was a very great time.