Sunday, August 22, 2010

Boys & Service

It has become quite the habit every Sunday that some of the boys Vincent's age from Church end up at our house in the latter part of the day.  It just so happened that after picking up one boy from his house and already had another one we noticed that it was past 6pm and that the Bishop of our Ward was barely heading home.  One of the boys stated "Dude..... that so has to suck for his wife, all day long all the time he is gone." I was so overwhelmed by the concern that the teenagers in my car had.  What do you do?  When 4 teenagers are concerned about another person and family?  Honestly?  I was tired and knew the next couple of hours were going to be VERY VERY loud.  SO?  I turned it around and asked the boys what could they do to help if they were given the opportunity?  WOW!  I would have to say I was surprised and humored at the same time. 

The boys started making cookies in the kitchen.... I was shocked and could not stop laughing at the fact that each of the boys knew that their way to make cookies was the right way and that it was the only way.  After a couple of hours they boys made cookies for a family in the ward along with the Bishops family and a special gift to the Bishops Wife.








2 comments:

Sassy said...

WOW. Teenagers thinking of someone other than themselves is definitely a rare thing. Kudos to the parents for raising those kids right!

p.s. On another note, why in the heck are you on a wake board in your fragile state? Hee-hee ; )

Tara Nelson said...

Ha ha Kara you are funny!!!

Oh. And..... I had no idea that I was pregnant. That's why I went and it was so much fun..