Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home Economics

This post is a post I thought I would never be able to do...... It starts way back when in the 7th grade.  My mom was a great semtrist, my sister and my friends.  Me?  Not so much.  I still remember to this day paying a friend of mine, (whom follows my blog) Tara (her mom owned a craft/sewing store) to complete the apron we HAD to sew for a final grade in Home Economics.  It was the worst class I could have ever taken.  It was the class I dreaded.  Unlike my mom or my sister who mind you could brew up a whole entire outfit without a pattern in one night.  Yeah.... she was good.  I had no talent when it came to pushing that peddle with my foot to make the thread complete a stitch onto the fabric.....
Where is this going???  My Christmas present this year was a sewing machine.  Is Brian being mean to me?  Heavens no... I actually asked for one.  More than once!  I was kind of embarrassed to admit that I had to read the manual again, I did not know how to purchase fabric, I couldn't find the reverse lever, nor did I know how to make the feet go up and down?  So..... after much reading and swallowing my fear this is what I produced, without paying my friend Tara.

My very 1st project was to sew the
couch pillow that our friendly dogs decided
to eat......

My 2nd project (still working on) is
the bumper for the crib.....

3rd task. To make kitchen drapes. 
They look ok... But really, who knew
that the stripes would end up the wrong
direction.

Last but not least a baby quilt I made
for my sister in law.  I did tie it even though
they don't show up.  :)

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

How fun and exciting!! I am not very confident when it comes to sewing, but I do enjoy it! I really think the more you do the better and more confident you get! CUTE fabric on the crib bumper and baby blanket!!