Monday, February 21, 2011

My little Brother Makes me Smile

I know that I have blogged about my calling in Scouts a lot.  But this time it's a different manner.  For some reason I feel so overwhelmed to share my luv for my little brother.  Yes, most of you know, he is not so little anymore.  He is now, let me think?  I am 37 so that makes him 27 or 28? 

A couple years ago my brother's life changed quite dramatically.  Being that we are pretty much 10 years apart I often tend to be more motherly than sisterly.  A while ago he expressed to me how much time Scouting takes.  He is a Pack Leader in Santa Barbara for a webelos troop.  If any of you knew my little brother when he was young, he LUVD Scouting.  Or so I thought.  But let's face it.  He is now, newly married, running his own window washing business and 27.  What 27 year old wants to dedicate their lives to a bunch of 9-12 year olds.  Yes. I know I make it sound bad.  But really; sometimes it gets a little exhausting.  Where was I going with this? 

I was sewing Vincent's Merit Badges onto his sash for Court of Honor a couple of weeks ago.  I thought that they had to be in a specific order.  I referred to the Boy Scout Handbook.  Which lead me to my little brother.  On page 5 you will see a young Scout crossing over, receiving his Arrow of Light and becoming a Boy Scout.  That, is MY little brother. 
The next day I was at the Scout Office and found my little brother again..... In the Den Chief handbook.
Again, where am I going with this?  I am actually not sure. It makes me so proud to see him there even though I know he really had no idea it would still be published with him in the books today. I just wanted to say to my little brother how proud I am of him and all of his accomplishments.  He truly is a great example to our son and supports his nephew 100%.  He has come along way from being the little boy in the pictures below.  It makes me a proud big sister to know that I am doing something along side with him. 


Matty Matt!  I LUV you.... and yes, I am STILL TALKING!


No comments: