Saturday, July 7, 2012

16 Is Not All That Bad

Vincent is now to the point that he is never home and when he is it is to eat, sleep and hopefully get his chores done?
I have admit, I really do miss having him around. He has been working a lot this summer. He is still working for the local yogurt shop and working for his old boss Chase doing pool service. So when he IS home, he is usually tired and cranky. I keep reminding myself it could be worse. But then again, as I start my days around 4-5am there is part of me that really wants him out of bed too? Isn't that horrible as a mother to admit? We want our children to have it better and easier? But at what cost? Or is it a cost? Mind you, Vincent IS a great kid. He is respectful to others, is always on time for work, he is a hard worker, a great brother, is a worthy Priesthood Holder... The list could go on and on. I ask myself the question? Why does it bother me so much that he won't keep his room clean, cleanse his face twice a day and pick up the poop or take out the trash w/out being asked?
Yes!!! I know. People tell me; if that is all I have to complain about, let it go????? I guess we should. There is just part of us that feels like we need him to do the little things too?
And therefore I pray everyday he makes the decision to go on a mission. As long as we can just get him there. Then..... We will have made it!!!!!

No comments: