Sunday, October 3, 2010

Family Weekend...... Conference Weekend

Being LDS means that every 6 months we watch our Church Leaders and those they choose to speak on Television.  Therefore we get to watch Conference in our pajamas.  Well.  I will add, for those of us that are able to receive Conference via local cable,Dish or internet provider.  (this is one of the two times I'm overly grateful that we have more than basic cable so that we do get the BYU channel)
For me this was a very special Conference weekend.  It has been 25 years that I watched/attended my fist General Conference.  I still remember the hotel that my Young Woman/ Young Mens group from the Price 6th Ward stayed that weekend.  Mind you I did not turn 12 until that Sunday.  With special permission from then Bishop Carlson I was able to attend the weekend of General Conference in SLC. 
As we sat in what seemed like the front row (more like the 15th) of the Tabernacle I was overwhelmed with the spirit of then Elder Thomas S. Monson.  He spoke of the importance and honor of the Preisthood.  Like I said; I still remember it like it was yesterday. 
This weekend I reflected on being 12 again.  Yes..... that was some time ago. But that was when I was most certain that there would be a time in my life that I would be married and be married to a worthy Preisthood holder.  After second session on Saturday I felt such joy in ironing my husbands shirt (the teenager wouldn't have it) and helping my two Preisthood holders get ready for thier session.  I know.... joy in ironing an shirt.  But for me.... This is a dream come true for me. 
I have now been active for almost 3 years.  What an amazing three years it has been.  Some struggle.  But overall I can not think of my life being any different.  I am now living in a wonderful home we own, have the joy of spending time with my husband before he goes to work, taking and picking up my son everyday (other than when I am too sick!), have a temple recommend (for baptisms) the list could go on for days.  I am so grateful and truly blessed.  We are working towards our Temple Marriage next Spring.  What a blessing....
I would like to say thank you to all of you that have truly blessed my life.  There are some of you that have watched over me, Vincent and myself more than I can ever express gratitude for.  Some of you spent years teaching me and expressing the luv of our Savior to me.  I thank you for all of your unconditional luv.  I am where I am today because of your ever enduring luv. I can't wait to tell you all our Temple date.   I LUV YOU ALL.   Thank you!

My boys after Conference.... I guess they had some energy saved up!


Really???? I wonder how they acted at Preisthood session?


Brians yummy cookies

and more..........

I guess I can't get too mad?  At least he is listening right?

yeah...... Until next time........


2 comments:

Brianne said...

It really was a great weekend. ;) I'm glad you & your family are in our Ward! You're a great friend!

Jill said...

Tara, conference was really great. Fun to reflect back on it.
Soo awesome that you are having a girl. She is so lucky to come to your family.