Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Payson 5th Annual Triathlon

Back in May I never thought that one challenge from Vincent would turn out to be my hobby.  Vincent challanged Brian and I to enter the Payson Triathlon back when he competed in the Pima Triathlon.  I have to admit.  I wasn't to thrilled about the challenge but I took it.  Brian started training for about two weeks and then suddenly ended up working doubles again???  hmmmmmmmm I am still asking myself if he didn't ask for the doubles so he could get out of the training.  We will see in 8 weeks.  (The whole family is now training for another Triathlon) I started training with our friend Nicole during the week and on Saturdays.  On June 11, 2010 Nicole, her husband Chase, Vincent and myself all drove 1.5 out of Phoenix to Payson, AZ.  We stayed in the most interesting hotel.  A place where Vincent tried to make friends with the local cowboys whom were there for the Rodeo that weekend.  I won't repeat the sentence he used to try to make conversation.  Bless his heart for trying to speak spanish...... Oh boy....


Chase was so awesome to pull out my bike that Brian packed for me and checked the tires. 


There is so much to get done before a race.

Right before the race all three of us.


Nicole and I right before the race.


Nicole heading for the finish line.








Vincent ran in wtih me for the last half mile to the finish line.




Overall it was such a great experience.  Between waking up in the hotel room at 4:00 am after listening to all the drunk cowboys the night before.  Freezing in the moring becuase we were so high up in the mountains..... BBBRRRRR..... I knew I should have packed better clothes.  Being entertained by lil man and his 14 year old humor.  Being overwhelmed and joyed at the same time.  Finally seeing my husband (whom drove up by himself that morning).  Chase finished in amazing time, Along with Nicole.  I finished with just under 2 hours. I figure for my first Triathlon and having problems with my bike, that's not bad at all. 





Thank you to everyone who should luv, support and encouragement.  Especially my most wonderful Husband and Son. 
Here we come TRIATHLON IN THE PINES.... SHOW LOW, AZ AUGUST 14, 2010!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you updated your blog!!!

Congrats on the new house, congrats to Lil Man graduating (and with an awesome GPA I might add), and most of all, congrats to you and your triathalon accomplishment! You look absolutely amazing & happy and are inspiring me to get my training back in gear pronto after this baby is born!
Hugs & Kisses, Sassy

Cheryl said...

Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you!! You rock and so does Vincent, Nicole and Chase :)