Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Babies Room

Some of you may remember back in January I bought a lot of fabric to use in our little baby girls' room.  Well.  I know that it is now March and I can say I finally got it done.  Now, another thing to remember is that I am not, I repeat not a seamstrist.  In that post back in January I admitted my envy to my sister and a old school friend.  ( I had to pay my friend (Tara) to pass Home Ec for me).  I am very proud to say that through a lot of sitting at the kitchen table hoping the material would somehow sew itself together, I finally finished it. 

My mom refinished the rocking chair for us and gave it
to us while we were in SB last month.  We registered for
the stencils at Babies R Us. Thanks Duvalls :)

I totally don't deny that I stole the idea of drapes/curtains
 for her closet from my friend Sarah.  She has got to be
the craftiest, talented seamtrist I know.   I still haven't
decided how I am going to have them hang.

I have to give props to Brian..... He put in the new shelf
and rod along with painting the closet :)

Yes.... Our baby girl already has a car.  It's crazy.  It's
a bouncer plus a walker.  Brian had to buy it.

I started with the bumper back in January thinking I
was not going to have her room all pink.  But,  after
adding the crib skirt, her quilt and curtains.... It's nothing
but pink.


We were so excited when one of our friends
called us about 6 months ago when she found
this changing table/dresser at a yard sale.  It
was such a steal!
Shortly I will use more mod podge and add her name
to the blocks.... any guesses? 


4 comments:

Sassy said...

Dontcha just love a good yard sale find?! My absolute favorite thing while I was pregnant was waking up super early on Sat mornings to go yard sale treasure hunting.

p.s. Good job on the nursery. The stenciled tree & rocker are adorable!

Lori Thompson said...

adorable!! You have so much stuff!! Love it!

Tara said...

You did a great job! I am so impressed! I LOVE the darling fabrics that you chose - super girly!! The countdown is on!!!!

Laurel Baker said...

What a cute nursery!! You did a great job on the crib bedding and I love the closet curtains!! Your hubby is too cute buying your baby a car already!!