Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Seven and half months later

As most of you know I decided to go back to school last May.  Yes, that's right I am a litle crazy trying to accomplish this right after having Amanda.  Well at the time, that was my thought.  As time went on, it was easier to attend school, pump twice a day while at school, get up in the middle of the night with Amanda and of course maintain my mom and wife duties.  I would say that by the middle of July I had this down... I could do this....... Right, and then Brian got sick.  I remember several people asking me if I was going to drop out, take a leave of absense or attend night school.  First question was a for sure NO, second hadn't really thought about it and third.... NO WAY.  I was not going to add another 3 months to my schooling. 
After missing more than a week and half of school and clinic I was ready to leave Brian and Amanda and head back to school. 
From August to December seemed like the longest four months of my life.  I was still pumping at school, getting up with Amanda and Brian and trying to maintain normal life for Vincent.  I will now, finally admit that there were days that I wanted to give up and say to myself I could accomplish this later in life. 
I have to thank my support system.  Even though Brian is sick he still encouraged me and cheered me on.  Along with Vincent trying to help me develop study habits that I was well out of practice.
There are many of you that helped with watching Amanda during the day as Brian's disease progressed and I could no longer miss 2-3 days of school a week.  We are so grateful for you in our lives. 
It has been a dream of mine to become an Esthetician and now I can say that I am..... in one more month I will be taking my State Board exams and then of course employment.  I can't wait.....


Yes, that is me by the flag :)


Me, Mallory, Jenn (our Instructor) her son
and Amanda...

My Supporters


Amanda was so interested in Vincent
at dinner

My Luv...... Thank you for pushing
me and helping me accomplish my dream!

2 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That was not an easy road and you made it through! Way to go, Tara! I hope your board exams go well for you! Merry Christmas to your family!!!

Anonymous said...

I am a little late reading this, but I want you to know how very PROUD I am of you! Sending lots of love to the Nelson Family. xoxo Sassy