Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Brian is staying busy

When we first moved into this house more than a year ago there were a couple screens on the windows.  As time passed our dog Raven decided she would eat them while we left her at home.  Served us right!  Right?  I mean after all, she didn't want to stay home alone.
The seasons are starting to change her in Phoenix.  Yes, when I say that I mean from COLD to HOT. In an instant.  It's crazy.  This we have been blessed with some in between weather.  Brian is in HEAVEN.  We have not had the heater on for quite some time now.  For the rest of us it means we wear sweatshirts and our slippers all the time.  That darn heat is such a trigger for Brian's MS and Sarcoidosis. 
We have been blessed to be paying off some bills these past few months and doing a little better it seems.  So, With that Brian has been a busy bee around the house.  This weeks project, weather inflicted was the screens.  He has been making the frames and then placing the screen material in them.  We chose a screen that is suppose to be dog durable and shade the sun.  (sigh) I have to admit that it is money well spent.  And even though it is time consuming and my kitchen table is scratched (due to Brian needing his own work shed now) I LUV the feeling and sound of having my windows open during the day.  (hopefully it helps with the darn dog smell :( )
He has done a couple and now working on the other side of the house.... Boy, I am so grateful for a husband that can do these things.... The quote from the Screen Mobile was outrageous. 

Before: We had two old screens
on the two small outside windows.

After: I can not believe what a difference
it makes in our front room... And... it
sure does look better. Kuddos to Brian.


No comments: