Sunday, February 26, 2012

Deer Valley Stake Youth Olympics

The Deer Valley Stake YW/YM Presidency holds an annual Youth Olympics.  I have to say..... I don't know how they pull it off every year.  I can't imagine organizing a two week long event. 
I should start off by saying that last year Vincent took 1st place overall in the Stake. (I'm not proud or competitive what so ever)
This year rolled around and I must say.... I think that Brian and I were more excited than Vincent.  First of all Brian was able to attend all of the competitions AND...... of course we wanted Vincent to keep his 1st Place status.
After the first of three nights of Volleyball Vincent was HOOKED..... The juices were flowing and the thought of doing it all over again was within his view.  Or at least he thought. 
The Stake Youth Olympics ran Wed-Sat for two weeks.  The Youth were given participation points and I believe points for placing.... But don't quote me on that.  I really don't know.  Vincent did as many competitions as he could.  (you are able to enter any event that you would like)
Overall, I'm glad it is over just so I can get Amanda to bed on time.  I'm sure the Stake Presidency is more happy than I am.  But boy...... it is so much fun cheering our Youth on.  I have to admit.  We have some pretty talented, Athletic, and funny Youth.  Even though I am glad I will probably be bored at night without all of these events. It was sure a lot of fun.

First night of Youth Olympics
Volleyball

Vincent serving

Amanda having fun. Our little girl
is so strong... pushing the chair along
the gym floor.

Wii Bowling :)

I had to add this pic... Savannah & Del
Performing Arts night showing us how
the Napolean Dynamite Dance

Bike Race...
Vincent and Chris helping Savannah
get the bike ready.
Kuddos to Chris... What a friend.  Waking
up so early and cheer on his friends.

Amanda cheering on her Brother
It was sooo cold

Two girls from another ward.... They are so darn fun. 
They wore their Softball helmets for the bike race.

Savannah taking 1st Place

Vincent was the last to start..... he sure
made up for it. 1st place :)

The only time we will all be court side
seating for a basketball game.


That's not Chris fouling Vincent.  Really?




Misty Singleton= 1st Place Overall young Woman Deer Valley Stake
Vincent Sweeney=1st Place Overall Young Men Deer Valley Stake
Savannah Farley= 2nd Place Overall Young Woman Deer Valley Stake

Vincent is such a fun big brother.
Placed for=
6th Place 1600 Meter
3rd Place Wii Bowling
2nd Place Quilting
1st Place Bike Race
Amanda wore all of his Medals all night long. They were great chew toys. 

CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE YOUNG WOMAN AND YOUNG MEN WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE DEER VALLEY YOUTH OLYMPICS.
CONGRATULATIONS TO VINCENT FOR REMAINING IN 1ST PLACE OVERALL TWO YEARS IN A ROW.  :)

1 comment:

jamie hixon said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the "church ball"- that is hilarious! Your little one is growing right up... I can't believe how old she is. And you look great!