Monday, February 1, 2010

What a weekend... we are truly blessed

It's Monday and I am lazy as ever.  I don't know that I should really admit that?  Why am I so tired???  We started the weekend on Friday night staying up too late watching a movie knowing we had to drive the Ward Scouts to badge seminar by 8am. 
Starting at 730 am on Saturday we took a couple boys across town to start their merit badge seminar. We were so excited to go have breakfast just the two of us.  We found a little cafe breakfast/lunch place that totally reminded us of Santa Barbara.  I can't wait to go back.  We were called in the middle of breakfast with this phone call "we were wondering if you would like to come help us help a Sister move?" Okay now really, who is going to say no????  Whew..... Bless her heart the single sister had not started.  We entertained Saturday afternoon by moving a sister in the ward into her storage unit.  It really was a lot of (tiring) fun....
Vincent has decided to try out for the Deer Valley Jr. High (yes we changed his school) Baseball team and we couldn't be prouder.... We decided that helping the Sister move wasn't enough working out for the day so we headed over to the batting cages and spent the rest of the afternoon there.  Me being perfect I of course didn't need any help.  RIGHT :) Vincent was not the only one receiving a lesson.  Finally Brian worked with me and has as I said before FINALLY accomplished the task of having me stand still in the batters box.... For those of you who know me and have seen me play ball know that I can NOT stand still in the batters box and wait for the ball.  I would have to say that both Vincent and myself are AMAZING batters now.  Who knew that my husband was such a great teacher... :)  JK
We ended Saturday evening with some wonderful new friends attending the movie "Extrodinary Measures".  I do recommend the movie.  We went away that night realizing that we are truly blessed in this life and there after. 
What a weekend we had.  It was incredibly busy as all of yours and so truly blessed... :)  LuV you All. 

No comments: